We are all aware of the dangers of perfectionism, but did you know that it can be detrimental to your peace and your future? Join Dr. Ron Young and Chuck Allen for this powerful conversation on theFRIENDLY PSYCHOLOGY PODCAST
WHAT DOES PERFECTIONISM LOOK LIKE?
- Perfectionism gets in the way of living your life to the fullest.
- Perfectionism pushes you to set impossibly high standards for yourself and sometimes for others.
- Anything less than perfect is unacceptable.
- You believe that you should get it right from the very first try and that you should never make mistakes or show any flaws.
- You may end up in great distress when you don’t live up to your expectations. What’s intended to be a way to avoid pain ends up the very thing that causes it.
- Perfectionism is the drive to achieve more and be more.
- Perfectionism is often perceived as a strength and a way to accomplish great things and avoid criticism.